History of the Hotel
A cultural tradition with an avant-garde light
Throughout its history, Trois Couronnes has hosted royalty, famous musicians, writers, composers and movie stars such as Tchaikovsky, Camille Saint-‐Saëns, Henry Miller and Sir Peter Ustinov. Its unique history and cultural richness continues to distinguish itself in the region. Through its partnerships with various events that attract worldwide attention, the hotel offers its guests entry to lively and notable experiences: The Montreux Jazz Festival, The Classical Music Festival, Musical September, and Images Festival are among some of the offerings of this region.
A Royal Palace with a « Royal » Past
The sign of the Trois Couronnes used to hang on the front of the inn, on Rue du Simplon, that was run by the Monnet family. For two centuries the inn was the most popular destination in the region. Mr. Monnet bought the former Château des Belles Truches with the goal of transforming the property into a spacious hotel that would lure royalty to its door. Indeed, the Hotel succeeded in hosting the Emperors of Germany, Russia and other nations, as well as King Joseph Bonaparte, various oil moguls and renowned musicians and composers.
In nearly a century and a half, the royalty that have climbed the steps of the hotel included the Empress of Russia, Alexandra Feodorovna, Queen Olga of Greece, Princess Marie-‐Louise of England and King Ibn of Saudia Arabia, who himself described the hotel as "dreams of the thousand and one nights."
Other famous guests included Tchaikovsky, Camille Saint-‐Saëns, Thomas Mann, Fedor Chaliapine, Aga Khan (who was married at the hotel), Isaac Stern, Gary Cooper, photographer René Burri and worldwide celebrity Charlie Chaplin. The playwright Henry James chose the Trois Couronnes Hotel for his novel "Daisy Miller." It was also filmed at the hotel, where director Peter Bogdanovich discovered the charming Cybill Shepherd, who played Daisy Miller.
Access & Attractions
The Trois Couronnes Hotel is situated in the heart of Vevey at the waterfront of Lake Geneva, between Lausanne and Montreux. It is located less than an hour from the Geneva Airport and two hours from Zurich. The Hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the historic center of Vevey where there are shops and restaurants. It is also only a 10 minute walk to the train station.
Services and facilities
- 71 Rooms, including 16 Executive Suites and 9 Junior Suites. Half the rooms have the southern view of Lake Geneva and the Alps.
- 2 Restaurants and a Bar with Panoramic Views: Les Trois Couronnes Restaurant, awarded a Michelin 1-Star Rating and Le 3C Restaurant & Bar.
- 24/7 Room Service
- Puressens Spa, 24-meter indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room and fitness center with a private terrace that captures the views of Lake Geneva and the Alps. It is the only hotel that offers treatments from the world renowned Epidermatologist Joëlle Ciocco.
- 7 Conference Rooms, some with a private terrace with lake and mountain views.
- Multi-lingual Concierge
- Valet and Private Parking
Discover the rooms